- Be physically prepared. The itinerary covers about 70 km, with an accumulated gradient of 2.820 m.
- Wear adequate mountain shoes (preferably waterproof).
- Wear clothes appropriate for the season, a slicker, sun cream, a sleeping bag.
- Get informed about the local weather report and be ready for inclement weather.
- When leaving each accommodation, make sure you carry enough food and water provisions, as the Mediterranean climate of the area causes the water yield from springs to be quite variable depending on the season.
Finally, bear in mind that the itinerary covers a protected natural area of great ecological and landscape value, which makes it really attractive. Below is some advice and tips for helping environment conservation:
- Respect the environment in which you are walking. This is the only way for the area to be preserved for future generations.
- Leave your footsteps, only. Take photographs but do not uproot plants or throw rubbish.
- Always follow the path. It is the best way to avoid disturbing the wildlife inhabiting the area.